Friday 27 August 2010

Overheard Conversation ~22



Location: A book-lined room.
Characters: Three female poets

Poet 1: We need someone rich enough to look after us.
Poet 2: Why?
Poet 1: So we can spend all our time writing.
Poet 3: What about Felix Dennis?
Poet 2: Who?
Poet 1: He's a billionaire.
Poet 3: He likes poems that rhyme.
Poet 2: I can do poems that rhyme.
Poet 3: Someone'll have to do Felix.
Poet 1: Don't look at me. I only bend over three times a day.
Poet 3: What?
Poet 1: Once to put my knickers on, once to put my socks on.
Poet 3: What about the third time?
Poet 1: I save that for emergencies.
Poet 2: Would Felix count as an emergency?
(BEAT)
Poet 1: Linda-Next-Door hears me counting down - one, two, three - bend, and then a groan when I straighten up again.
Poet 3: I'm not sure if Felix would go for that - although the groan might work ...
Poet 1: Shall I read my poem? Damn! Hang on - one, two, three -

Roll credits

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I'm trying to work out who's who. I think you're number three and is number one a certain 'poet with a filthy mind and a well-worn bus pass'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I notice you've started to use the tilde instead of the hash... or was that a slip of the shift key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't possibly comment...

    ReplyDelete