Thursday 25 August 2011

Overheard Conversations #26



Location: hairdressing salon
Characters: Lisa - mid-twenties, brandishing a hairdryer. Amy - seventeen, brandishing her pocket money.

Lisa: I love doing your hair. Look how shiny it is now.
Amy: Oh, er, thanks.
Lisa: I was in a right mood before. Half an hour with your head and I'm all relaxed again.
Amy: Er -
Lisa: Did I tell you I moved in with my boyfriend last week?
Amy: No.
Lisa: But I'm moving out tonight.
Amy: Why?
Lisa: He bloody made me a packed lunch this morning, didn't he?
Amy: Aww -
Lisa: He shouted down the stairs 'There's a packed lunch for you in the fridge'.
Amy:  He's -
Lisa: 'Cheese and ham' he shouted.
Amy: Don't you like -
Lisa: And then at lunch time he sent me a text, didn't he?
Amy: A text?
Lisa: Yes, it said 'Look inside the sandwich'.
Amy: Was it a ring?
Lisa: A ring?
Amy: An engagement ring?
Lisa: No. (BEAT.) I peeled back the bread and there's this message on the ham.
Amy: Message?
Lisa: He'd cut the cheese into letters.
Amy: Letters?
Lisa: He'd written I love you inside my sandwich.
Amy: Awww ...
Lisa: In cheese.
Amy: But -
Lisa: I love you in bloody cheddar!
Amy: It was a nice -
Lisa: Cheddar! Cheddar cheese! I said to him 'I'm not having anyone saying anything to me in cheddar! I'm going back to me mum's!' (BEAT.) Anyway, love, do you want serum on your hair?

Roll credits

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least she was a Lisa. Not a Tracy or a Donna. Should she be allowed scissors, unsupervised?

    ReplyDelete