Sunday 19 July 2009

Joyful List #2


Fat blowsy flowers (peonies, cabbage roses), sausage sandwiches, costume jewellery, very bad singer-songwriters who insist on attempting to sing The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, clouds, rhubarb crumble, dark country lanes, the sea, (not The Sea* which is dreadful), perfectly smooth pebbles, custard, scruffy dogs, Italian waiters, garlic mayonnaise, David Shrigley cartoons, ink pens, vests (much under-rated), icecream, The Muppets, rainbows, gargoyles, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue...

* To clarify, due to complaints along the lines of "What the duck are you talking about? The Sea is an excellent novel" I refer here to Edward Bond's The Sea which is a play duller than a cold, damp day in Filey. I am prepared to concede that perhaps I saw a particularly dull production of an Exciting! Vibrant! and Challenging! play.

But I very much doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment